Who says that on-site learning can’t be a vital part of an organisation’s growth strategy? Certainly not Campaign for Learning, the UK’s leading nonprofit dedicated to championing the benefits of a lifelong learning society. This week, Campaign for Learning leads its annual Learning at Work Week, encouraging organisations to run creative campaigns to promote a learning culture and engage their employees in personal and professional development. The event’s organisers provide businesses with advice and guidance on running a successful campaign to revamp their L&D strategy and reinforce their commitment to staff development.
Though the benefits of employee training are well-documented, managers are often reluctant to invest in their team’s development. In fact, according to a new report by Learning and Work Institute, employer investment in training in the UK has plummeted by 28% since 2005 (Learning and Work Institute, 2022). This is not exactly surprising; in the absence of accessible and targeted learning resources, clearly identified skill gaps and an engaged workforce, organisations cannot discern the key benefits of their L&D investment.
Thankfully, there are numerous efficient, cost-effective ways to foster curiosity and engagement and keep your staff learning and honing their skills!
- Create an L&D strategy that includes modern training methods such as online training and certification programs
- Offer on-demand learning tools to address employee questions and knowledge gaps as they arise
- Highlight your employees’ skills and L&D needs to avoid a one-size-fits-all approach
- Facilitate collaboration-based learning by encouraging cross-team and cross-department interaction (mentoring, leadership shadowing, apprenticeships)
- Evaluate the impact of your L&D strategy by establishing key performance indicators and prioritising participant feedback
Aiste Naujokaityte, our Client Director & President of the Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce in the UK, believes that investing in workplace L&D is among the most powerful strategies for achieving employee engagement and business growth:
“It is difficult to overstate the importance of employee training and development. When you are learning and upskilling on the job, you feel inspired and supported, and you bring that energy and enhanced competence to your daily work. With MIT, your people gain unlimited access to our unique, dedicated e-learning platform, featuring over 100 accredited courses to foster curiosity, engagement and staff loyalty!”
Prioritising employee learning and development offers immense value to business owners in the form of:
- A more competent, adaptable workforce
- An improved capacity to attract and retain top talent (especially among millennial employees, who greatly value development opportunities!)
- Improved employee engagement and morale
- Enhanced performance and productivity
- Workplace synergy
MIT Benefits offers numerous unique and dedicated pathways to challenge, inspire and motivate your staff. Our online employee training platform empowers driven employees to pursue e-learning from the comfort of their homes, offering over 100 accredited courses in such subject areas as Soft Skills, HR compliance, Management and Health & Safety.
Meanwhile, our market-leading rewards & recognition program and exceptional employee benefits allow your staff to maintain a healthy work-life balance, manage stress, and prioritise time with loved ones, maximising their productivity, focus and engagement with their work. Contact us today to discover how our cutting-edge services can help you build a healthy, inspired workforce and thriving business.